The index page is a useful way of searching for different topics.
“Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them.”
I attended a lecture by Glynn Harrison recently on this vital (and polarising) topic. He brought a lot of wisdom to bear on the matter of how to respond sensitively as a Christian to widespread changes in thinking on what is or isn't acceptable on the sexual morality front.
In particular his comments on posture (sorry-thankyou-please-never) and dissection of why soft power is so attractive were really helpful. As a Christian I found it particularly useful to listen to the 'better story' that - when properly understood¹ - is incredibly liberating.
My full sketch notes can be downloaded here (7megs).
¹ meaning: when not being used for power games or ideological land-grab antics.
5:21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.
1. God in the flesh=Jesus Christ
2. Jesus Christ defines love in His Cross-work.
3. Christian identity is expressed in the same standard of love as Jesus.
4. There is no room for habitual sinning, so remember that...
5. Sinning is outdone/covered by Jesus’ sacrifice, so Christians regularly cling to this.
Idols=remaking God in our preferred image.
Keeping a true image of God=sticking closely to 1-5.